Nurses plan and provide medical and nursing care to patients in hospital, at home or in other settings who are suffering from chronic or acute physical or mental ill health.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.